Friday, April 13, 2012

backpacking

Hello:

How safe would it be for two 24 year old females to backback through Thailand for three weeks over the Christmas break? Where would you recommend we stay?

I am well travelled, but stay mostly in nice hotels so this I am sure will be a shocking change for me.

Also, do you know how much it would cost to travel between the different islands/cities by plane/train.

Thanks

backpacking

Hello,

It is totally safe for female travellers. For 3 weeks backpacking I would limit yourself to 3-4 places... I would suggest you do Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Ko Phangan and Ko Tao.... or Khao Sok National Park

A fantastic backpacking website is www.travelfish.org - they have accommodation reviews - have a look at midrange and flashpacker ranges for good cheap quality accommodation. They also have a %26#39;feature story%26#39; link on the right hand side of the page under the heading of Before You Go which has lots of really great stories to read.

You can also check out my blogs for some ideas at www.travelblog.org/bloggers/reet

Other great sites to start with is :

Air Travel - www.airasia.com

Train Info : www.seat69.com (go to Thailand section) and also the official State Railway at www.railway.co.th - go to english version

Good cheap accommodation in Bangkok - New Siam Guesthouse No 2 www.newsiam.net

Good cheap accommodation in Chiang Mai - www.cmbluehouse.com or www.julieguesthouse.com

Any questions feel free to message me... I have other websites I can recommend but start with the above... The travel guides (free ones and the ones you can buy for a couple of dollars) on Travelfish are brilliant...

Reet xx

  • find wildlife envelope seals
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment