Friday, April 13, 2012

Bo Phut Resort & Spa - Deluxe Rooms?

Hello Everyone





Has anybody stayed in a deluxe room at the Bo Phut resort %26amp; spa?





We are visiting Ko Samui in August %26amp; Ive chosen this hotel as our place or rest. Can anybody explain the layout of the resort, facilities %26amp; more importantly the deluxe rooms to me? The hotel has 2 kinds of deluxe rooms apparently - one with/without an ocean view - I prefer the latter, but this is still subject to the hotel confirming my booking. If a roon number can be provided - that would be gr8!



I prefer like a room which is in relatively close proximity of everything - the beach/swimming pool/restaurants - but not intrusive with other guest as well. Let%26#39;s see if I get lucky again in having such a gr8 room :-)





Thanks in advance for any responses.





Louella



Bo Phut Resort %26amp; Spa - Deluxe Rooms?


Hi Louella,







The deluxe rooms are in 2 three storey buildings close to the entrance of the resort - so you are quite far from the pool and beach. The villas are situated closer to the pool area. there is one restaurant by the pool/ beach (mediterranean menu) and a Thai restaurant in the centre of the resort. They offer food and drinks service at the pool and beach, and 24 hr room serivce.



They have a spa too.



The deluxe rooms with ocean view are on the third floor, and have a jacuzzi bath on the balcony. The lower floors have no ocean view, and no jacuzzi. I stayed in a jacuzzi room, and it was great, but the bathroom is very small. The villa bathrooms are much larger. The balcony is fairly private, although we could see people eating in the restaurant (hopefully they weren%26#39;t watching us...)





The hotel is about 15 mins walk from Fisherman%26#39;s Village, with lots of restauarnats and shops. there is a small mini mart and pharmacy jusy outside of the hotel (although on the other side of the road, which is difficult to cross!)



Bo Phut Resort %26amp; Spa - Deluxe Rooms?


Hello ksm100





Thanks for your reply! I presume that you have stayed at this hotel - can you please tell me when u were there, and in your opinion is it a good resort or is there better to consider? Ive pretty much relied on this website %26amp; the hotel website to decide where to stay on the island.





Wrt the small bathroom, does it have a shower at least? Which of the 2 three storey buildings are better - not sure I want to be oggled by guests. *giggle* Did you have any problems with mossies? Ive read the forum posts about the blighters recently, and not impressed as I one of those ppl who also get chowed! ouch!!!





Also did you use the internet/agent/direct hotel enquiry to making your reservations - Ive used all types but as yet waiting for a response from anybody.





Thanks again! :-)





Regards,



Louella




Hi Luella, I was at Bo Phut from 10th June this year for a week. I had wanted to stay in the Sala Samui, but was fully booked, so opted for a week at the Imperial boathouse as I wanted to stay in Choeng Mon, and a week here. IMO the Bo Phut was a good hotel, a nice size (not too large - the boathouse had around 250 rooms and felt impersonal and too big for me), and the service was really excellent. I preferred, however, the area around the boathouse for the beach and eating and drinking.



The small bathroom does have a large shower, just a small sink area that is partitioned off from the rest of the room. I like 2 sinks as it speeds things up in the morning/ evening!



Mossies always a problem for me too - the resort provides a plug-in repellant with tablets in the room, and an oil burner for outside with citronella oil. I took mossie-spray with me (50% DEET), which worked well. I ran out however, and purchased some in the pharmacy, which was 90% DEET - it was horrible, made your skin sticky and melted ny sandals! 50% DEEt is perfectly adequate.



I tried to make an inquiry directly, and got nowhere, so used a UK travel agent to book.



As for which block to book, I%26#39;m not sure which would be better - I guess the outer end of either would be further away from the path and restaurant (we were in 614, which seemed one of the more visible...)



One last point, the hotel was fully booked a few of the days we were there and there was a struggle to find sun loungers after 11ish... if you can%26#39;t beat %26#39;em, join %26#39;em - I made my boyfriend get up early to %26#39;reserve%26#39; us some!




Hi just a tip for you, we have booked for xmas and new year with a UK agent and we couldn%26#39;t beat the price we got anywhere online. BUT beware we are thinking of upgrading and the cost of the quote from this agent is nearly 拢650(!!!) more than booking direct with the hotel - interesting as the actual cost of the basic room was a lot cheaper with an agent!

No comments:

Post a Comment