Friday, April 13, 2012

Tailor made holiday

Hi there





Me and my partner are looking at tailoring our own holiday to Thailand. I was thinking of 4 nights in Chiang Mai, then down to Bangkok and having 7 nights there, finalised by 3 nights in Phuket.





What we wanted was to see as much as possible in 2-3 weeks. We%26#39;re not interested in beach holidays, and very much want culture, temples, markets etc. Is there somewhere else I should consider going instead of Phuket? Phuket seems very much a beach based place, but it seems very much recommended by people.





The other thing I%26#39;m concerned about is that we%26#39;re going to be 2 women in our 20%26#39;s and a lot of people have said it%26#39;s not advisable for us to go without male company. I%26#39;m sure they%26#39;re just scare mongering but I just want to check.





TIA



Mel



Tailor made holiday


I%26#39;m thinking of cutting out Phuket and splitting up my Bangkok stay so I start and finish in Bangkok, so it%26#39;s more convenient for flights.





I was also considering trying a trip over to cambodia, how easy is it to do this from thailand?



Tailor made holiday


Thailand is the safest place for lady travellers - so who said you must have a male chaperone? - your husband???!! (joking).



Sensible to cut out Phuket if you only have 3 days - it%26#39;s a flight in each direction. Better to go down to Hua Hin or the Jomtien area of Pattaya. Or even Koh Samet. Koh Chang is nice, but again maybe too much travelling.



Plenty to do in Bangkok, and perhaps you could do a night or two up in Khao Yai from here (only 2 hours away) see www.junglehousehotel.com for an example of details.



Also River Kwai is a similar distance.



Cambodia is accessible by air or surface transport, but it sounds like you need a bit more time if you want to do it properly. Don%26#39;t rush everything, come back again and do it properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment