Tuesday, April 17, 2012

where is it best to buy buddha - in Siem Reap or Bangkok?

We%26#39;ll be staying for 4 1/2 days in Siemp Reap and overnight in Bangkok. My husband desperately wants to bring home a buddha statue this time (he regretted not having bought one when we were in Bangkok years back). Anyway, can anyone tell me exactly where can i find buddhas in Siem Reap (Artisians D%26#39;Angkor?).



In Bangkok, we will be staying at Royal Princess Srinakarin Hotel to be near the airport. I heard there%26#39;s a big Seacon Square nearby. Would they have buddha statues there? We initially plan to go to Chatuchak market (since it will be a saturday when we get there) but i%26#39;m thinking of the travel time and effort to go there. How far is it from Srinakarin and how long will the travel time be? If I can get it at Seacon square, that would be more convenient.



Thanks.



where is it best to buy buddha - in Siem Reap or Bangkok?


I thought it was illegal to bring back statues of Buddha from Thailand......Im probably completely wrong though!



where is it best to buy buddha - in Siem Reap or Bangkok?


Yes, it is illegal to take them out of Thailand. I was advised of this on 2 trips that I took to Bangkok.





Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment