Friday, April 13, 2012

Hua Hin suitable for honeymoon?

Hi there





Would anybody know if Hua Hin would be suitable for the last leg of our honeymoon. We are doing cities before this (Dubai, Hong Kong %26amp; Bangkok). At the end of this we are looking for a little luxury %26amp; relaxation, however we would still like to have some night life i.e bars %26amp; restaurants as opposed to night clubs.





We we originally recommended the Hilton Hua Hin, but someone has mentioned that the beaches in Hua Hin are not nice and the area in general is not very nice?





Can anybody give me some insight? Or any other recommendations would be gratefully received!





Many thanks





Lorraine



Hua Hin suitable for honeymoon?


Hello Lorraine,





Yes, it would be ideal, as it is only a 2.5 hour drive from Bangkok, so one less flight to take!





The beach isn%26#39;t the white sand, turquoise sea you get further south in Thailand, but still nice. If you stay at the Hilton or Sofitel, you are right in the centre of Hua Hin, and I do believe the beach isn%26#39;t quite so nice there. Have you looked at the Dusit resort? That is just 10 mins outside Hua Hin, but on a better stretch of beach. It%26#39;s a great hotel, tons of facilities, and offers an hourly minibus into the town and back again, so you could spend every evening there, if you don%26#39;t want to stay and eat at one of the hotels 4 restaurants.





Hua Hin itself is a busy little town, with a daily nightmarket, and lots of bars and restaurants in the area near the Hilton and Sofitel.





I think it would be perfect!





Sarah



Hua Hin suitable for honeymoon?


There is a lot of nightlife but most of it geared to single men.




Hi Lorraine,





I was in Hua Hin 2 months ago and drove myself around most of the time. This was possibly my 7th visit. I don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 a place for honeymooners. In my opinion, the city is not romantic enough.





However if you don鈥檛 like to fly to a big island, staying in any luxury resort in Hua Hin over 5,000 Baht a night with a private well taken care beach is also very good.




Hi





Thanks for all of the replies!





Sarah - I will have a look at the Dusit resort, I have heard that the beach is not too good at the Hilton!





Land Premier-is there anywhere else you would recommend for the last part of our honeymoon? We are willing to fly into any of the islands-we are just unsure which one would be suitable!





Thanks again





Lorraine




I have just returned from Hue Hin and would say it is not the best place for a honeymoon. Try Phuket with its great beaches, hotels restaurants and bars.




Hi Lorraine,





I haven%26#39;t come back to islands recently so my recommendations are outdated. Many changes. I really don%26#39;t know which is best among Phang Nga, Khao Lak, Phuket and Koh Samui.





For hotels, the latest one I stayed in September last year was Le Meridien Khao Lak in Phang Nga. I contacted them directly to book.





In Oct 2004 I stayed in Phuket. I booked through a tour company and can%26#39;t remember the hotel name. I thought in their brochure was Deevana but they switched us to another hotel.





Hope other posters will update you soon.





land




Hi





what time of year depends which island is best for weather.





your age and lifestyle also has a lot to do with finding a romantic spot.





I was in Hua Hin last Sept. I found it quiet and peaceful.



too tame for me I am more of an action person



it has a large ex pat retired community. lots of shops and restuarants





the beach%26#39;s are great for morning walks as they are long and wide but not that good for swimming.





If you go further south on day trips and use Hua Hin as home base you can find some really nice beach%26#39;s




I stayed in a cheap hotel for 2,500 Baht (US$71) in Hua Hin this time so the beach was terrible. You can see a photo of the beach here:





tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297922-d665鈥?/a>





That was why I said the beach in a better hotel will be better.




Thanks for all of the replies.





I have had a look at the Anantara, and this seems quite nice? Has anybody stayed there?





Also can I please ask about the weather in both Hua Hin in May? Which of the Islands would be the best to visit at this time of year, if we were to decide against Hua Hin?





again thanks for replying!

No comments:

Post a Comment