Sunday, April 15, 2012

Phuket in late March

Hi guys



I%26#39;ll be in Phuket at easter time in %26#39;08 with wife and two teenage kids. Recommend any hotels at Patong Beach? Also, is this high season? Do I need to book early or can I hold out for a last minute deal closer to the date?



Phuket in late March


Hi,





I was in Phuket 6-19 April this year. I stayed at the Patong merlin and it was excellent. Please read some of my previous posts and look for the my %26#39;just back report - non golf edition';.





It is a great hotel that has everything and is just a couple of minutes south of the Holiday inn which is very good but a little more expensive, I believe.





March is the end of the peak season. The prices for April 08 and beyond are not out yet. Prices for March 08 will be out and if you must travel then, I would recommend that you book as soon as you can. I found that April was very busy when I was there and most places were booked out pretty early. I would expect that March/april 08 will be the same.





I always use a travel agent which may not always be the cheapest but I prefer to let the professionals organise my holiday (except the golf) and get me the best deals available. I also prefer to pay my local travel agent when I pick up the vouchers than risk giving the wrong people my credit card details over the net etc.





Well, have a great holiday.





regards





Niko



Phuket in late March


Ooops,





Sorry Cogga,





I am not sure where I got ';march'; from. Anyway, to correct my last post, if you are travelling at easter you definitely have to book as soon as possible. As I said in my last post, april was very busy and April 13 was the thai%26#39;s ';songkran Day'; (new Year).





And before you ask, I did not see any easter eggs in Phuket.





cheers





Niko




i was at thePatong Merlin in April this year for 12 days.



we had two teenage kids (15 and 19) who had their own room interconnecting with ours.



It was a really great hotel for kids. Excellent pool area and the kids could take balls etc in the pool no worries.



There were a lot of families there and we met three families with kids similar age to us so it was great.Our rooms were in wing 4 2nd floor (rooms 4210 %26amp; 4211) with balconies over the main pool. Definitely recommend that section.



The staff were friendly and we really liked the happy hour at 5.00pm each evening 2 for 1 drinks .



I am happy to answer any questions you have about it.



We actually looked at the holiday inn and while it looked beautiful it did seem a lot quieter around the pool area whcih wouldn%26#39;t have suited us.



Hope that info helps you




Thanks Dee, thanks Guru. The Patong Merlin sounds like a winner.



I%26#39;m onto it.



Cheers




Easter is very early next year so March will probably be even busier than usual as some schools are bringing their Easter hols forward - always v busy around Songkran so, yes, wise to book asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment