Sunday, April 15, 2012

Cell phones

Please help. I want to have a cell with me for thailand, cambodia, and vietnam. I was told my phone will not work internationally. (sprint). I can rent a phone, so they say. Advise please. I need it for one month travel. Ought I buy one in BKK? thanks





Cell phones


go to mbk,they have nearly a whole floor for cell phones only and there are plenty of second hand phones to be had.



Cell phones


now sim card and cell phone are so cheap in Thailand. You can find one almost everywhere..especially in MBK, department stores.



It%26#39;s easy to get it.




Thanks to all! Will do so. Better advise here than elsewhere.




hi, Painnurse, so long ur phone is the GSM type it will work in these country all u have to do is to buy their SIM card there when u reach which ever country u r in as they do sell in Thailand, Cambodia n Vietnam u just have to ask the people in the hotel u r staying... hope it could help u.....




if your phone is a gsm,dual-band or tri-band then just buy a sim from any 7-11 store.there are 2 different sims available the 1 i bought was called a d-tac and cost 200 baht which had 40 baht of credit preloaded.




dtac is alkso called Happy and I found it ok to use.. get someone to load it for you the first time because most of the instructions are in Thai..




^^^ i agree with that.took me nearly an hour to load on some credit and was so frustrating.




Does your phone have a sim card? If it does then you can bing that but will have to get it';unlocked'; easy to do all over Thailand. Cost about 500 baht. If not then yes buy a cheap mobile here and sim card.




Sprint is a CDMA network thus their phones do not use SIM cards and won%26#39;t work in Asia.





Painnurse, I bought a new basic Motorola C139 at MBK about 2 years ago for $50 and have never had any problems with it.





As others have said, there are thousands of 2nd hand phones for sale @ MBK but I felt better about buying a new one especially that cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment