Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Some seasoned advice for newbie, please?

Like many other posts I%26#39;ve seen on this board, I%26#39;m completely overwhelmed!!! ;-) But, in a good way, if there weren%26#39;t so many choices, Thailand wouldn%26#39;t be the destination it is, right?





Well, me and my buddy are landing in Bangkok on August 31st and Leaving Bangkok on September 13th. From the research I%26#39;ve down, I%26#39;ve created a very high-level destination itinerary - I have to fill in the specific tours, landmarks afterwards. That said, how does this sound?





8/31 - 9/4 - Bangkok, 1st weekend in Bangkok



9/5 - 9/7 - Chang Mai, see the countryside?



9/7 - 9/10 - Pattaya, weekend party



9/10 - 9/13 - Ko Samui, Figure end the trip on the beach





Looking at this, it seems like quite a bit. Any suggestions on modifications?





Thanks for all help!! - Maurice



Some seasoned advice for newbie, please?


HI





not knowing age and is it two males and what you are looking for.





I would spend more time at beach and Chaing Mai.





I would loose Pattaya unless you are two males who want a hedonistic time LOL.





and I like to do Bangkok last on a short trip.



I give myself 2 or 3 days for shopping and site seeing then I don%26#39;t have to carry everything I buy with me on my trip.





the time your flight arrives can help to make decisions also



if you arrive morning I would head straight to Chaing Mai or Beach



if you arrive late at night stay in Bangkok for a day or two.





On a short trip you don%26#39;t want to be going back and forth to airport wasting time on traveling.





I am sorry i probably just caused you more confussion.



Some seasoned advice for newbie, please?


Hi Maurice,





Your plan looks fine to me but I would say it%26#39;s dangerous if you can%26#39;t come back from Koh Samui to fly out.





I know you want the quality beach at the end of your trip but flight delay / cancel can happen. In my opinion, the order of BKK - Koh Samui - Chiangmai - Pattaya is better. From Pattaya you are near the airport.





Weekend party can be done anywhere.





In Pattaya, if you stay in the hotels where I%26#39;ve stayed, A-One The Royal Cruise and Royal Cliff Beach Resort, and you want to see ';something';, you can%26#39;t be able to see. ';Clean'; locations.





The private beach at Royal Cliff, even though can%26#39;t be compared with Koh Samui beaches, can be considered a rest.




Thank you all for taking the time and giving your input, it%26#39;s greatly appreciated. Luckily I have a little over 4 weeks to figure this out!





But I like the suggestion of switching Pattaya to the end, missing the flight home would not go over well at all.




Do you know why I got that Pattaya idea?





My friends went to Thailand recently and did the BKK - Pattaya - Phuket - BKK. One day I got an email from them urgently asking me to tell them what airlines to book from BKK to fly out as they had a problem in Phuket. And they said they had to fly out late afternoon because they were in Phuket in the morning.





:-)




Did you guys get a good flight? how long from Denver? how much? any advice in booking now for November?





Sorry to ask but I should probably book soon and can%26#39;t seem to find decent prices from U.S..





thanx to anybody!!




HI





bozziep you should be able to find a round trip flight to BKK in Nov



for around $1000. from anywhere in US



what do you consider a decent price?





If you are in KY then you can go to either coast or Chicago for best flight.





I would try and fly any asian airlines over any US airlines




I had credit for a free roundtrip ticket, which I used for Denver to LAX. So I actually bought a ticket from LAX to Bangkok, stop in Taipei.





I decided on EVA. It%26#39;s 13 hours from LAX to Taipei and figured the 26 total hours in their Economy plus for a couple of hundred more dollars was worth it to me. Ticket was $1100 drive-out.





I saw some cheap fares on United and Asia.com also.





My buddy is going from Houston on American Airlines. He%26#39;s in straight economy, so it%26#39;ll be interested to if our flight experiences are that much different.

No comments:

Post a Comment