Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pregnant and travelling to Phuket- medical facilities

Hi

Hoping someone can assist with medical information in Phuket. We are travelling to Phuket in Sept 07 for 11 days and I will be 21 weeks pregnant with twins. Whilst I feel Ok about travelling and my Ob/Gyn has Okayed it I am beginning to get a little nervous as most people I tell are concerned about my being there whilst pregnant.

Is there anyone who has had to utilise the medical facilites in Phuket who can comment. We will have travel insurance to cover us if anything happens.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dreamhol

Pregnant and travelling to Phuket- medical facilities

Both Phuket International and Bangkok Phuket Hospitals are great. Have been to both myself and their services and attendance have been fantastic.

If you are staying close to Kata then Dr Chusak based in Taina road is also excellent.

Chantal.

Pregnant and travelling to Phuket- medical facilities

I was pregnant at 28 weeks several years ago when traveling to Phuket - in fact, we were originally planning to travel to Borneo but the lack of medical facilities made us divert to Phuket which had first rate medical facilities comparable to what we have here in the United States.

If your doctor is okay with it and you%26#39;re feeling okay, I%26#39;d still go. You%26#39;ll have a great time - I managed to go on an elephant trek and go snorkeling (a bit more buoyant that normal) and swim every day while I was there and I found that the Thais were very solicitous and took care of me because I was pregnant.


Thanks everyone for the responses...I am still keen to go so am going to confirm the booking today!

Great to hear the hospitals are OK in case we need them.

Thanks again for yur help and reassurance.

Kate

  • curly hair styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment