Monday, April 23, 2012

Internet/Wifi access

Hello travelers,





I am planning a trip to Thailand and work online. A reliable and fast internet connection is a must for me. Are there any budget recommendations for accomodations in Thailand that offer reliable internet access for my laptop?



I prefer off the beaten track destinations, outdoor activities, chill atmosphere and simple but clean abodes.





Thanks for your tips!





Internet/Wifi access


Hi





You will have no problem finding wifi access



Most of asia is on par or above western standards



I have only found 1 that was slower than my home cable internet





I take my laptop and can always find access the local internet shops are really cheap from 25 to 50 baht per hr. some will let you hook onto their system with a cat 5 cable so can use own laptop





lots of hotels have inhouse wifi but usually cots more



some budget hotel include wifi.





thailand is a large country with thousands of hotels you need to be more specific about where you want to go.



Internet/Wifi access


How much do you want to spend for your hotel stay per night?





I can think of a couple decent cheap places in Pattaya that have free internet in the rooms or lobby.





Like the previous msg said, there are lots of internet shops all over Thailand at reasonable rates. Sometimes you can pick up several connections from nearby routers from your hotel room.





Have fun.




I have never traveled Thailand but would imagine that around 5-10 Dollars a night should procure a simple, clean accom. As I mentioned, i love the off the beaten path destinations.



THANK YOU for all your input and helpful suggestions!





~Into the Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment