Monday, April 23, 2012

JBR 13/07 - 27/07 part 1

I am feeling better now so wil post my jbr in stages. We fly with Thai airways from melb to bkk arriving on time at 0600. The flight was full but service was good, no problem. Then we had to change airport to Don Muang which leave at 1040. We thought we could get a shuttle bus provided by Thai airways at some cost but after asking so many staff, noone seems to know about this. So we were approached by a limousine service probabbly because of our confused tired look. They quoted us 1200 baht ,no discount but can get us in 1 car (we are a family of 4 with 2 luggage). My boys are a bit cranky already so ok off we go. It probabbly would have been cheaper taking taxis but who knows. Anyway we fit into 1 car and that was quick, talk about quick the driver doesn%26#39;t speak much English and he drove mostly at 160 km/hr in highway , I was so scared. We arrived quite early obviously and had to wait a while for our flight to Phuket. We arrived in Kathatani and had a welcome drink and a nice flower bracelet each and shown to our junior suite already prepared with a king bed and 2 single bed.



We hired 2 days with Mr Sam which was the most memorable days in Phuket. First day we were shown the island and different beaches,had a nice lunch at a noodle place , I think in Phuket town.



All throughout the day we stopped to have coffee, sample tropical fruit ,etc. We went to do elephant trekking , see rubber plantation, buy our crock sandals for our sailing trip. Mr Sam is so wonderfull , we feel so easy around him and he keeps the kids entertain too.



Scary thing happen during our elephant trekking , I was in front with one of my son and my husband was at the back with the other. In the middle of the journey my elephant was struck by the other elephant on the back and the mahout fell down the ground and my elephant was sort of running by itself, I was so scared you wouldn%26#39;t believe it . The mahout had to let it settle first before jumping on again. That was the scariest feeling I have ever felt. Anyway we came back safely , after being showered with a heavy down pour. My goodness I have talk so much and this is only my second day in Phuket. If you still want more I will write again. My 2nd day with Mr Sam and sailing with capt Mark to come.





Cheers , TATIANA



JBR 13/07 - 27/07 part 1


Thanks Tatiana,



Look forward to reading more about your holiday. Lee



JBR 13/07 - 27/07 part 1


Hi Tatiana, thanks for the report, looking forward to your next one..Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment