Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Size 12/14 Australian Ladies Sizes

Hi There,

Just wanting a little advice.

We are heading over in a few weeks and my summer clothes are limited and the summer clothes haven%26#39;t really hit the shops here.

Can you purchase dresses, skirts etc in Phuket that would fit a tall (175cm), size 12/14. Or should I keep looking here.

Thanks

Gardie

Size 12/14 Australian Ladies Sizes

I%26#39;m a curvy 12 and my personal experience was ';sorry lady we have nothing that big enough for you'; needless to say my confidence didn%26#39;t fair well!!! LOL

Maybe someone had a better experience and found some 12/14 sizes?? Next time I%26#39;ll be going to the tailors and getting clothes made that fit ME.

Size 12/14 Australian Ladies Sizes

Hi Gardie,

I think I%26#39;d be about the same size as you. I went not expecting to find much to fit as I%26#39;ve had trouble in other Asian countries. We booked our trip a long time before we went so I was able to buy a few things in the sales at the end of Summer and left the tags on so I would have a few new things and save myself the frustration of wanting to buy but not finding anything to fit!

However I did buy a skirt and a dress while there. If things haven%26#39;t changed too much since April lots of the stalls have strapless %26#39;shirred%26#39; top dresses that fit me well and were very comfortable to wear. I didn%26#39;t look in the %26#39;department%26#39; store type of shops though.

Enjoy your trip,

Amanda


Hi Gardie,

I am a size 14 and 175cm and was told ';YOU TOO FAT'; by one lady at a market on Patong beach (I think she was having a bad day though). BUT there is a few places (not to many though) that sell skirts and summer dresses. You will have to shop around. I have not been to Jungcelyon so try there too.

I am also going back in a few weeks time (23rd of August to the 5th of September at the Merlin Beach Resort) and have been thinking about what I need to take this time. Last year I assumes I could buy alot of clothes over there and suffered with the small amount of clothing that took.

Shorts are a must. Take a few pairs with you. Especially for any tours or walking around alot.

I am going to buy some new shorts from Surf shops (they sell shorts and skirts all winter and sometimes on sale).

When are you going?


Hi Gardie

I%26#39;m much the same size as you. We are yet to travel to Phuket, but from the info that I have gleamed from posts on here I don%26#39;t hold much hope of buying clothes there. Someone did suggest that some department stores such as Marks %26amp; Spencer may have ready made clothes in our size otherwise the alternative is to get some made.

However here in Brisbane summer clothes have hit the stores.

Chain stores such as Target %26amp; Kmart have summer clothes in them %26amp; have noticed In myers %26amp; DJs they are getting summer clothes out as well - new seasons swim wear etc.

So hopefully it wont be too long till it gets to you!!

Another alternative is to buy online on sites such as Ezibuy.

My mother who lives in the country often buys clothes from them %26amp; says that they have shorts, t shirts etc that would be suitable available.

Good luck

Pete


';elephant'; size hard to find in markets but try big c in phuket town


Thanks for all the comments above %26amp; Bev (Kiwisx2),

I too would have been left high and dry as I assumed clothing would be easy to buy for my size......so, today I went on a size 14 shopping spree and loved it !!!

The suitcase will not be as empty as planned but the shorts, pants and swimwear are in and ready to go.

Looking forward to seeing a few TA%26#39;ers at the %26#39;little%26#39; get together on the 11th.

tar-rah for now!

Mrs ';PeteinPerth';


Hi Gardie,

I am 176cm and about 78kg (size 14ish)...I bought a few tops like Amanda and their fit was ok...but mostly the XXL was still a tight squeeze...

and its true, dont ask if they have your size if you have a lo self esteem...lol...i was TOTALLY over the reply, ';we have big mama size down the back';....geeez, harsh!

Spend ya bucks at Target before you go and at least you know you%26#39;ll be comfy in what your wearing!

Have a ball!

- Samantha :-)


I am a size 10-12 and 169cm. I found a few things, but was told I was too fat for the bikinis by one lady! Great for the self-esteem! She could of been more subtle!! Hahaha!

I found I was able to buy tshirts... although I am more a 12 since coming back and they are not a great fit anymore! I bought plenty of fisherman pants which are one size fits all and so comfy... but there wasnt alot of other options unfortunately!


I am a large 12 small 14 (depending on clothing brand) and my husband is 6 foot 4'; and tips the scales at just over 100kg.

We will be known as ';The Elephant and Big Mamma';!!

LOL

Seriously though, last year when I went I just made sure i took enough clothes to see me through as I wasn%26#39;t going to count on buying stuff there. I didn%26#39;t take a lot as I just used the local laundering services and didn%26#39;t care if some one saw me wearing the same thing twice, three times...


I didnt know about this site before my very first visit to Phuket. So off l went with only 3 t.shirts and 3 pairs of shorts. Thank god sarongs fit every one, because thats all l could buy to fit my size 14 not so slinky anymore body. My daughter who is size 12 almost cried when she asked a lady for a t shirt in her size and the lady said no not for you, you too fat. That didnt go down too well my daughter was devistated, as any teenger would be

Murf

  • lip stain
  • benefits of using
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment