Monday, April 23, 2012

First Timer Where to Go

I see SO much opinion on which islands are good and which are bad and a lot of it seems contradictory (and a bit overwhelming). I%26#39;m planning on a 10 day trip and am look for great beaches with decent but not insane night life. I%26#39;m happy with a bungalow on the beach.





I know it%26#39;s a wide reaching request, but any insight on locaiton and accomodations would be appreciated.





I started with Phi Phi then Lanta, then a joint Samui/Phanang trip, so as you can see I%26#39;m all over the place.





Thanks in advance,



Ben





First Timer Where to Go


Hi Ben



You might want to limit yourself to only 2 different locations in 10 days as you will lose too much time traveling from place to place and have not time to relax. A suggestion is to go to



(1) Phuket and do a side trip to either Khao Lak, or Phi Phi



(2) Krabi with side trip to Ko Lanta



(3) Samui with side trip to Ko Phangan or Ko Tao



(4) Ko Chang and some of the islands from there.



You don%26#39;t mention time of year as this may also effect your choice due to weather and sea conditions.



What type of accom styles are you looking for? (backpacker, mid range), easier to give ideas for accom then.



Have a look at the hotel reviews for each area on here, for some ideas.



Hope this helps



Lee



First Timer Where to Go


This is great thank you.





I%26#39;m looking to go in either Jan or Feb. I don%26#39;t know if I%26#39;d consider it a true backpacker style trip, but i%26#39;m deffinitely looking for a more restic bungalow style vacation.





The most important thing to me is nice beaches, relatively in expensive accomodations and some fun little scenic jaunts for when we don%26#39;t want to do the beach thing.





Of the two location trips you%26#39;ve listed which do you feel would hold this?





My original plan was based around Phi Phi, but then I heard some bad things so I started to look elsewhere which brought me over to samui/phanang with the lure of a full moon party.





That said, I would be happy to trade beutiful beach with decnet nightlife for the raging party scene. I live in NYC and can get that here. :)





Thanks again!



Ben




Apologies Ben for not answering , I must have missed your post. Unfortunately, I have only been to half of the places mentioned. We spent 5 nights in Samui and did a day trip to Ko Tao. We then went to Phuket for 2 weeks, but didn%26#39;t get to Khao Lak or Krabi. I would definitely like to stay in Samui again and then go to Koh Phangan for a few nights. We can%26#39;t decide what to do for our next trip as we are keen on spending some time in Khao Lak, Krabi %26amp; Koh Lanta with maybe a few nights in Phuket, so look forward to reading about your trip.



Lee




Hi Lee,





Just wamted to thank you and let you know we%26#39;ve decided on a Samui/Phangan combo.





Thanks again,



Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment