Saturday, April 21, 2012

Thailand outlet type

Hi,





I went in to a store today to get an adapter for my cell phone etc... and they said that Thailand has two types of plugs, one similar to the US (find that hard to believe) the other is two round circles.... Does this make sense?





Should I be buying it here or can I get it at the Chiang Mai airport or the BKK airport (where I%26#39;ll have less time)?





Thanks



Thailand outlet type


Your advice was correct





Two types 1 like US 110 V and the other the two pin round found on many appliances.





If your adapter fits the sockets in the US they will more than likely fit in Thailand





If you want you could buy an international adapter before you come but many available here.





Note most places only have 2pin sockets



Thailand outlet type


Unless you will need to plug something in ';immediately'; you can find an adapter in many stores in town. I have purchased them for 20/30 baht, under 80 cents U.S., in a supermarket. Lots of small shops sell electric products pretty cheap.





See if your telephone adjusts for 220 voltage automatically. Just because you see a U.S. type bladed plug outlet - doesn%26#39;t mean the voltage in Thailand is 110 volts! I see U.S. style outlets in Thailand putting out 220 volts. Some outlets have little signs saying certain outlets are okay for 110 but not all the time! (When I see 110 volt sign tags it is usually in the bathroom for electric shavers.)





Usually NORMAL U.S. cell phones don%26#39;t work in Asia! My cell only works in the U.S. or Canada - not in Thailand! I never use one in Thailand anyway, I use the cheap internet shops.





You can charge your cell phone at the U.S. airport while you are waiting, by the way. I bring my U.S. cell phone with me, use it at the airports in the U.S. and don%26#39;t turn it on again until I arrive back in the U.S. again. If fully charged before I leave for my trip it is still good when I arrive back in the U.S. 3 weeks later!





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment