Monday, April 23, 2012

Please Help!!

Hi Guys,





Could someone please tell me how much you need to leave as a security deposit at the Patong Merlin Hotel and and Merlin Beach Resort (we are staying at both).





I have emailed both resorts but have not had a reply!! I don%26#39;t have a credit card so I will need to leave cash. Do you think I will be able to leave AUD dollars?





I%26#39;m a bit disappointed that I haven%26#39;t heard back from the resorts!!





Thanks heaps!!



Please Help!!


found on a previous thread caz--------------------------









Golf-Guru



Perth



Joined: Nov 2006



Forum posts: 187



(7943920)



Golf-Guru



More about Golf-Guru...





Posted on: 7:29 pm, July 10, 2007



Save Save



Hi Guys,



I have written some earlier posts on the subject but here%26#39;s the main bits:



I was there in April 2007 and the exchange rate in Aust was 24-26 Baht / AUD and in Phuket it was 28-30 Baht/AUD.



I took some Aussie cash with me and about 12000 Baht so that I would not have to rush around in Phuket looking for a money changer. I was able to buy drinks and snacks on arrival at Phuket airport etc.



The Aussie cash was for our airports and to change at a later date in Phuket.



ATM%26#39;s are everywhere in phuket. I used debit and credit cards to withdraw some money from the ATM%26#39;s. NOTE: make sure you tell your bank about your trip and that you intend to use your card in Phuket otherwise the ';Falcon'; may seize your card, thinking it is an illegal transaction.



DON%26#39;T hand over your credit card to anyone. If your hotel asks for it, refuse and offer cash security deposit instead. I emailed the Patong merlin before I left and advised them of my intensions and they were happy for me to pay any extras (room costs paid by travel agent) by cash on check out. The Pathumwan Princes in Bangkok wanted 2000 Baht security deposit if you do not hand over a credit card.



Hope this helps. Have a great holiday.



Niko



Please Help!!


I was in Phuket last year at Patong Merlin and we were not asked for security deposit at all




we are staying at Horizon Beach Resort Karon and they ask for a 2000 baht deposit,which is about $75 aussie dollars.




hi cas we do not use our credit card as we got scamed last year over ther we have stayed at the patong many times it is a nice hotel but they take ages to repley to your request but dont worry just tell them you dont have a credit card and you will be paying by cash for anything you purchase at the hotel if they want a deposit give themm 1000 or 2000 b h t witch is quite enough deposite as most hotels now charge this amount and refund it back at the end of your stay if you owe nothing on your account hope this helps and have fun kob rob




Never been asked for a deposit at the Patong Merlin, have been asked for an imprint of my credit card which I done up to a couple of years ago and now just say no and it is fine. Never been asked for cash since I refused my credit card.





Dont really have a problem with it........Ronnie.




I ever stayed at Patong Merlin and I never paid about security deposit.




Caz, We have just returned from Merlin Beach resort and were not asked for a credit card or deposit. Their service was excellent, I don%26#39;t think you will have any problems. Have a great holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment