Sunday, April 15, 2012

Car Hire in Klong Muang

Hi there

We%26#39;re staying at Sheraton Krabi in a few weeks, and as I have heard traffic is not as busy as Phuket, we%26#39;re considering hiring a car to get around, to avoid the day trips etc at the Emarald Pool, hot springs etc.

Can anyone tell me if I am being too optimistic in expecting to drive a car in Krabi coastal area and not have an accident? I have been driving in Australia for 16 years with no accidents, and consider my reactions pretty sharp.

Thanks!

Car Hire in Klong Muang

Hi there Freo

We have just returned from Phuket and Krabi.

We hired a car for a day in each place.

My husband drove and before we left got himself an International licence from RAC. $25

He found the driving quite easy once you get used to their ways. Just have to keep your eyes wide open and expect anything all the time.

I navigated and directed him. This worked out well.

The car was delivered to our hotel in Ao Nang and collected afterwards.

They wanted his passport but we left an AUD deposit instead. $350

It was returned the following day, no problem.

If you are careful you should not have any accidents.

Driving in Ao Nang was easier than Phuket, not as much traffic.

It is a great way to get around. We are glad we did it.

J

Car Hire in Klong Muang

I%26#39;m 53 and go to Phuket etc frequently...I drive all the time...no prob. step out ..take a chance...other than taking a lovely koetoy out to dinner it is the next most horizon broadening thing you can do...Cheers

  • web hosting sites
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment